Sorrells Custom Wine Cellars are expert in designing, manufacturing and installing wine storage.
Wine cellars don’t have to be below-ground; they can be anything from a spare room to a converted garage or custom built space.
Whether you’re a serious wine connoisseur or simply a wine lover we’ll provide you with a design which will transform your space into a fully functional luxury wine cellar.
James Hallam Insurance Brokers act for a wide range of high net worth individuals and have been arranging insurance for over 30 years. The past 10 years have seen significant growth in specialist insurance cover for wine collections and bespoke wine rooms and cellars. When introduced to new clients it is not uncommon to find wine inadequately insured or not insured at all and property insurance not updated to account for a newly installed wine room. James Hallam are well placed to advise on this niche area of insurance and have access to a panel of leading insurers who understand and can arrange appropriate cover as part of a wider home and contents insurance policy. Wine is treated as a fine art asset class, by the majority of insurers, and as such needs wider and more appropriate cover than normal home contents insurance.
Cover for wine under the fine art section of an insurance policy can include:
- Agreed value for specified bottles following an insured loss
- Extended replacement cover for specified bottles to protect against under insurance where a professional valuation has been carried out within 3 years of the date of loss
- Newly acquired bottles can be covered automatically allowing time to advise your insurer
- Worldwide cover for all risks including fire, theft, accidental breakage and flood leading to damage of wine labels and any subsequent deprecation in value
- Defective title cover for bottles purchased through professional dealers
Tim Lewis, Director of Sorrells Custom Wine Cellars comments further “We strive to work with the right partners to further enhance our clients’ wine journey. Part of this is to ensure their wine collection is correctly protected and our partnership with James Hallam gives our clients the specialist advice they need”.
Contact James Hallam Insurance Brokers through:
Head of Private Clients